- Sports App
In the Pro Radar System manual | What’s Included section | you will see a listing and images of what is included. The parts are:
• Pro Radar Module
• Smart Display
• Two 6 foot (2 meter) USB cables, Type A to Micro-USB
• One 2 amp AC power supply (USB charger)
• Two carabiners (for hanging the Smart Display)
1. Insert the small end of one of the 6 ft (2 meter) Type A to Micro B cables into the Smart Display and the other end into the 2 amp AC power supply (USB charger). Then plug the 2 amp AC power supply into any power outlet.
2. Insert the small end of the other 6 ft (2 meter) Type A to Micro B cable into the Pro Radar Module and the other end into the Smart Display (pass USB cable under the plastic Strain Relief strap).
3. Press the Power (red) button on the Smart Display, and you’re ready to start capturing speeds.
Minimum speed of 25 MPH to a maximum of 130 MPH. More details can be found in the Pro Radar System manual | Specification section.
When positioning the Pro Radar Module, make sure it is set up and aimed with the arrow pointed directly in line with the release point of the ball. This can either be set up from behind or in front of the path of where the ball will be thrown. More details can be found in the Pro Radar System manual | Aiming section.
The Pro Radar System box was designed to provide transportation for the system and storage, when it is not in use. If storing for a long period of time remove any batteries to prevent corrosion.
The typical battery life is 14 hours with 4 Alkaline C-size batteries (which are not included with the unit). If you need more battery life than this, you can purchase rechargeable USB power packs. More details can be found in the Pro Radar System manual | Power Options section.
No, the Memory Recall list will be cleared automatically as soon as the Smart Display is turned off or any advanced settings are modified. More details can be found in the Pro Radar System manual | Standard Menu | Recall Memory section.
Yes, this can be accomplished by using the Auto-On Setting. After enabling this feature, multiple units can be powered on simultaneously by plugging them all into a switched or power outlet controlled by a breaker. When connected to power, the Pro Radar System will automatically power on. When you switch the power off at the end of the day, the units would be powered off. For specific details on how to use this feature, refer to the Pro Radar System manual | Advanced Menu | Auto On section.
The rugged water-resistant casing is built from the same high-impact plastic as football helmets. While the entire system is designed to be water resistant, it is not water proof. We do not recommend you leave this out in the rain. This could void your warranty. More details can be found in the Pro Radar System manual | Warranty Information section.
• Operating Temperature Range: -22° F to 140° F (-30° C to 60° C)
• Storage Temperature Range: -40° F to 185° F (-40° C to 85° C)
• More details about the product can be found in the Pro Radar System manual | Specifications section.
• The Radar Module has a standard tripod mount on the bottom enabling use with any camera tripod (we offer a deluxe tripod available in our store as an accessory).
• The Smart Display can be hung on a metal fence using S Hooks which are included with the standard shipment or standing on the ground using the 3 position handle as a kickstand.
• More details, including illustrations, can be found in the Pro Radar System manual | Mounting Options section.
We recommend you be a minimum of 15 feet from the ball to ensure good measurements. The maximum range varies. Under good measurement conditions, you can measure a baseball up to 200 feet and larger objects up to 300 feet.
There are 10 sensitivity settings available in the advanced features menu. Here is a description of the different operating modes for each sensitivity setting:
• Setting 10 – This is the default setting. It is a general purpose mode and is the most sensitive.
• Settings 9 to 6 – These settings are best for measuring a ball that travels at least 30 feet or more. In this mode, setting 9 is the most sensitive and setting 6 is the least sensitive.
• Settings 5 to 4 – These settings are a special mode to be used with dimpled practice balls or for measuring Ball Exit Speed / Exit Velocity off the bat on a ball that travels at least 30 feet or more. In this mode, setting 5 is the most sensitive and setting 4 is the least sensitive.
• Settings 3 to 1 – These settings are best for measuring close up when hitting into a net where the ball is in flight and travels 10 to 30 feet. In this mode, setting 3 is the most sensitive and setting 1 is the least sensitive. Use setting 1 for very close work on large objects like a volleyball or soccer ball.
• Is it connected properly? See details in the Pro Radar System manual | Getting Started section.
• Is it aimed properly? See details in the Pro Radar System manual | Aiming section.
• Are you throwing over 25 MPH?
If you have verified all of these items, you should contact the Pocket Radar support for assistance. Support@PocketRadar.com or 888-381-2672.
Any motion or source of interference could cause this reading. It is highly recommended that you review the details in the Pro Radar System manual | Troubleshooting section.
No, if aimed properly, the narrow beam width of the Pro Radar system will only pick up the activity of your lane.
No, it does not because you do not need one. The Pro Radar System has been designed to remain accurate without needing calibration for the life of the unit.
You can get low readings with any radar gun if you have it off angle. More details can be found in Pro Radar System manual | Troubleshooting | Cosine Error section.
We are happy to work with educational organizations on a Purchase Order basis and invoicing with N30 day terms.
Create your quotation by starting an order and making a different selection at the end when it requests payment information.
• Begin at the Pocket Radar store https://www.pocketradar.com/collections/frontpage
• ADD TO CART the items you would like to purchase
• PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
• Complete the CONTACT INFORMATION (email and shipping address)
• CONTINUE TO SHIPPING METHOD – select the option best for your delivery needs
• CONTINUE TO PAYMENT METHOD - select "Purchase Order"
• Verify the BILLING ADDRESS is the same as the shipping or provide a different address
• Once you have completed this, you will receive an email for use as a quotation.
• Once the PO is issued you can choose your method to send us a copy of the PO:
- Email a copy to info@PocketRadar.com
- Fax a copy to 888-381-2672 or 707-775-6040
- Mail a copy to our address Pocket Radar, Inc, 3535 Industrial Drive, Suite A4, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
• When the official PO is received, we will ship out your order and mail a hard copy of the invoice to the address on your PO.